Friday, November 20, 2009

The World Race: United States edition

For those who are around me, they have constantly heard me talk about The World Race. It is a missions trip that lasts 11 months and you go to 11 countries. I literally pour over the current (or past) World Racer's blogs. I know, slightly creeperish. I have memorized names by reading their blog entries so when I talk about it with people and they say they have a friend on there...I know the name. Oh yeah...the guy with the red hair who lives in michigan and has 5 brothers and sisters...I know him! Yeah...I know I need help. It is my deepest prayer and desire to go on the trip. Lately, God revealed to me through a friend that my passion for international missions is not something that isn't of Him. He put that desire there and has huge plans for me. Can i hear a AMEN! AAMMMEEENN!!!! Hearing that, I knew that what I thought about my future, what I thought was going to happen, is going to happen. Not necessarily the world race, but I am going to be a missionary internationally. I am going to be a missionary. That is my job title. Missionary of the LORD! Can i hear a AMEN! AMEEENN!!! Because of my heart for other cultures, it has been hard keeping my soul content at being in the United States. To create a passion for what God has called me to do here. I am a k-life leader and lead two 7th grade girl bible studies. I LOVE these girls as if they were my own. I have a passion for telling them about Jesus. For coming up beside them and carrying them through the awful awkward years of middle school. I can't be letting my mind wander, or my heart, to places that are not here and now. God put these girls (something He also revealed through my friend) in my life specifically so that I can speak truth into their lives. I want to give them a joy that only Jesus can provide. So, WHY am I looking towards the future! If I can't focus on what God has given me here and now, how will I be able to ever do that even overseas? There will always be something more "exciting" in the future. Contentment is the main word. I need to be content.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God"- Philippians 4:6
or how about when Paul says...
"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content....In any and EVERY circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH HIM WHO STRENGTHENS ME."- Phil. 4:11-

What I like most about that sentence is that Paul says "I have learned..." He's HUMAN! woah. Just like I am learning and will continue to learn, the fullest way and to my full potential that I can serve the Lord is to be content. To be not anxious.
My best friend Becca said that I should treat my time hear as The World Race: United States edition. It may not have all the languages and different smells as other countries have, but I can make it as fun and exciting as I want it to be! I can serve God here too! I am here in the United States for the Lord and to serve Him by serving my girls. I mean hey...I get adventure out of being with them. I have been Aladdin, played countless games of Murder in the dark, been glittered upon, been treated like a jungle gym, talked about the latest boyfriend (which seem to come and go every week), and most of all talk about the awesomness of God. Uhh...sounds like the World Race to me!

No comments: